Sunday, April 11, 2010

Shrinking Quilters - March

I'm a bit behind, but today I made my bee block for The Incredible Shrinking Quilter's Bee.  March was Suzanna's month.
Off-Kilter Shoo-Fly
We made an off-kilter Shoo-Fly block inspired by a project in Liberated Quiltmaking by Gwen Marston.  Suzanna sent jewel-toned fabrics and requested that we use a black background. My final block has a pretty Amish look, which I'm digging.  I couldn't resist the light blue blender fabric that she sent and so I decided to use that as my focus fabric along with some funky purple print for the border.  I love my block!  I have plenty of scraps left over and so I think I may make some extra blocks for Suzanna to make up for being late.  I'd also like to make some of these for myself! If you'd like to know how to make this block, surf over to Modify Tradition to learn how to view the Shoo Fly block tutorial.  Then, add some borders and trim at an angle.  You're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment