Tuesday, May 4, 2010

MT Swap Inspiration

MT Swap Inspiration

I love quilts!  There's something about all that patchwork that just makes me absolutely giddy.  My favorite quilts are bold and geometric.  Quilts that exhibit brights against a pale, neutral background are especially gorgeous.  I really love star blocks (couldn't you tell by my Round 2 picks?) of all types.  Flying Geese are some of the coolest traditional blocks I've ever seen; I love them en masse or just a few sprinkled over a solid background fabric.  Right now I'm really digging quilts that use the same block in multiple sizes, like these two.

There are no colors that I hate, but I'm not a fan of dusty colors or a shabby chic look.  I especially love chartreuse, magenta, and gray.  Prints, batiks, and solids are all acceptable fabrics in my book.

Perhaps the only thing I really hate is when a quilt isn't squared up properly.  I think it makes the overall piece look badly done, no matter how nice the piecing and quilting may be.  Any shape is fine, but I particularly love equilateral square quilts.

I can't wait to see what my partner makes for me!  I wonder if I'll be able to pick it out of the flickr pool...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your inspiration mosaic....YUM. I too turn giddy at the sight of any kind of patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these photos were already in my favorites; I didn't even have to go searching!

    The cool thing is that my secret swap partner has listed some of the same favorites in her inspiration mosaic. :)

    ReplyDelete