Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jennifer Can Piece!

But she made something ugly.

Oops!

So I pieced two baby-sized (what does that mean?) tops this weekend. One is awesome, the other one sucks and is ugly. I'll let you guess which is which.

First Sight - Black

First Sight - Yellow

Obviously, I hate the one with the yellow sashing. I had a Timeless Treasures batik (yellow-orange) that would have been perfect, but I only had miniscule scraps and couldn't find it anywhere, until after I bought that wretched Fairy Frost.

Don't get me wrong, Fairy Frost is cute. Until I put it in my project.

Suffice it to say I had to start over, and my do-over is much more pleasing to my eye.

I'm pretty sure the momma-to-be will prefer version 2, and so I was planning to donate the first to Project Linus or some such similar organization. However, I don't feel right donating the ugly quilt because it's ugly, so I've got to try to fix it up.

That's where you come in. Help me rescue this quilt top and take it from rags to riches

No comments:

Post a Comment