Sunday, October 18, 2009

Meet Daniel V.

I have never owned my very own sewing machine. When I first started out (in my adult life), I would borrow my sister's machine. After my mother passed away, my dad gave me hers. That's what I've been quilting on all this time.

The machine is your basic Singer-- pretty noisy, mechanical, very small, and not too powerful. I've loved sewing on it and have appreciated all the sewing karma my mom left behind (thanks, Mom!). Unfortunately, I've outgrown the machine. It doesn't do what I want to do anymore, and it usually needs service after I make it try. So, when it began screeching very loudly during quilting on Aunt Stephanie's quilt, I decided it was time to move on.

Katie has been after me to pick out a new machine for a while. She thought it would make a great Christmas present.

Well, I picked one out that I thought would make a great right-this-second present. Be pleased to meet my very first sewing machine, called Daniel V.

Did I really...?

Yes, I did!


As you can see, it's the Brother Innov-is 40, Project Runway Edition. I didn't buy it because it's the Project Runway Edition, but that is why I named it Daniel V.

2 comments:

  1. Mazel tov on your new machine! I, too, began my quilting life on a bottom of the line Singer, and just bought a new (to me) Pfaff - actually two years old, but still AWESOME. And I just donated my old Singer to an organization that services them and ships them off to women in developing countries. I'm sure you will enjoy your new acquisition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering why you named it Daniel V. Now I understand.

    ReplyDelete