Sunday, June 13, 2010

Neon Houses

My Modify Tradition Swap quilt is finished and out the door.  I mailed it on Thursday; hopefully it has already arrived (because I'm revealing it right now)!


This quilt measures 13.5"x13.5" and is constructed of four paper-pieced house blocks.  Fabrics used include a selection of batiks and Kona cotton solids.  I machine quilted this quilt in an orange peel (also known as pumpkin seeds) pattern over each block.


After a binding mishap (cutting it too small, attaching it, realizing it was too small, and ripping it off), I hand-finished the binding in one short sitting.  The corners are perfect, if I do say so myself.


To create my label I used the Electric Quilt Co. printable fabric in premium cotton lawn.  I first used a word processor to design my label.  Then, I printed it on printable fabric and cut the label in one long strip.  Finally, I pinned the label into the corner of the quilt and trimmed it down to a proper size.  I attached it when I finished the binding.


No comments: