Monday, June 14, 2010

Yellow Bricks

I did it!  I finally finished this quilt-- you know, the one that I started January 18, 2009.

DSCN0610

As discussed in the previous post, I was big time inspired by The Silly BooDilly to make this quilt.  She made some extremely bold, graphic mini quilts that really grabbed me!

DSCN0615

So, I decided to make my own.  All these fabrics are Kaffe Fassett prints (I'm pretty sure).  I used two different prints, in two colorways each.  This mini is quilted in one direction with straight lines about a quarter inch apart.  The thread used is a dark red King Tut variegated thread.

DSCN0618

I'm sure you know, this quilt was on my Joyeaux Noel, or Joy in the New Year list.  Like so many of my quilts, this one stalled in the binding attachment stage.  I just didn't want to sew it on!  Once I finally did, it stalled for several months in the hand-finishing stage.

DSCN0617

I finished it this weekend while Josh was playing some disc golf in Albemarle County, outside of Charlottesville.  Of course, the picnic area was deserted (save for me) and I kept getting creeped out by random nature noises and the occasional grounds maintenance worker.  At one point I developed a plan about how to use my embroidery scissors as a weapon.  Hilariously enough, Josh suggested the same plan when he came to check on me!

DSCN0616

I haven't decided on where or how to hang it.  Framed or not?  In the bathroom, above the bed, or somewhere in the living room?  Suggestions?

No comments: