Sunday, October 10, 2010

13.8

No, 13.8 is not the distance I ran this weekend.  It's the number of pounds I have lost since July 26, 2010.  Not bad, right?  In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that I have lost this weight by following the Weight Watchers program.  Don't stop reading-- I'm not here to tell you to join.  I really did make a craft.

DSCN0733

Part of what ensures consistent weight loss is vigilance about portion control and points tracking.  Points are based on nutritional values, and WW gives each member a handy book chock full of nutritional information, including a scale used to determine the points values of any given food.

DSCN0737

It's all about making good choices; that's why I have been known to pull out my WW book at the grocery store.  I gotta admit-- I feel a little self-conscious when I pull the book out in front of all God's creation.  For some reason, I think everyone is going to automatically realize what I've got in my hands and know all about my fat-girl problems.  They might even start pointing and whispering.

DSCN0739

Since Lesly sent me a fat quarter recently to celebrate one of my losses, I decided to use that fabric to make a book cover for my WW book.  It turned out so cute!  I even made a slip through pocket so that I can easily access the points slider.  Now it's not so recognizable as a WW book; it looks just like a day planner or notebook.

DSCN0740

No comments:

Post a Comment