Sunday, December 26, 2010

Luke's Quilt

I've been long promising pictures of this finished quilt to Lesly.  So here they are!

DSCN0752

The quilt was made especially for my brother, Luke.  Luke is quite particular in his taste, and I was very nervous that he wouldn't like this quilt!  He has been noisily complaining about not having a quilt from me for a while now, and he was very surprised when he opened the package.  He even cried.

DSCN0753

The patchwork design is inspired by the City Green pattern in Cherri House's book, City Quilts.  I used my own measurements and a similar layout to come up with an equally beautiful quilt!

DSCN0754

Fabrics used include Carolina Chambrays by Robert Kaufman and a Timeless Treasures black dot print.  The chambrays are difficult to work with-- they consistently stretch and fray, leading to much need of squaring up.

DSCN0755

I pieced the back with fabric leftover from the front.  The quilt is quilted by my favorite local long arm quilter, Rebekah Richardson.  She chose an awesome geometric edge to edge design and quilted in a variegated thread that exactly matches the colors on the front.  View it large to better see the quilting motif.  It's wonderful!

DSCN0756

No comments:

Post a Comment