Monday, September 20, 2010

Modify Tradition

Finally!  I have completed my sampler quilt top from Modify Tradition Round 1.  This top sat in a drawer for quite a long time, ignored and forgotten, and-- dare I say-- unloved!


I like it much more having seen it sewn together.  I didn't love my blocks from the first round-- I blame that one some of the fabric choices I made.  But, the money was spent, and starting over would be costly, so I continued with the original plan.

The quilt top is quite large-- 90"x90".  That is why the picture is so terrible; even Josh couldn't hold it up so I could see the whole thing.

I set my blocks in four rows of three, with wide horizontal sashing.  The rows alternate justification to the left and right and overlap just a bit in the middle.  Fabrics include some Robert Kaufman Carolina Chambrays; the background fabric, in particular, comes from this fabric line.

Thankfully, I have several 50% coupons from Joann's, and so I will be purchasing several yards of fabric and batting for this quilt.  I have decided to undertake the perilous task of quilting this myself.  It will be my largest self-quilted project to date.  We will see how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment