Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sneak Peek!

DSCN0721

I've been working on the layout for a very special quilt today.  Since I don't have a design wall in this teeny tiny apartment, I stripped all the sheets off my bed and used the bare mattress as the design wall.  The nightstand worked perfectly as a prep table for my cut patches.

The fabrics are Carolina Chambrays from Robert Kaufman.  They are a pain to cut (the fabric never stays square!) but they look gorgeous.  All fabrics in this top will be chambrays with the exception of the sashing, which is the black Razzle Dazzle dot from Timeless Treasures.

Here's hoping I can work on this all week and finish up next weekend.  Then, I can send it out to the longarm quilter and get it back with plenty of time before Christmas.  Cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment